Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Truth about ShArK TV

Considering the cool response to ShArK TV i thought I would dedicate my first meaningful blog entry to it.

1.HOW does it work??
I Have a software(Unreal Live sever) that captures video from my (illegal)TV connection and then distributes the feed to a server(Unreal Media Server) which then streams it to clients using the Unreal Media Streaming Player. A detailed tutorial on how to do this is available here and all the software is availible here

2.WHY Did i Do it??
Watching the match at neck wrenching angles suks. Combine that with people's stinking socks and a dirty carpet(ug2 people hardly get to sit on chairs!!) and u get a repulsive recipie for nausea. All that plus I had nothing to do :)

3.WHAT is the future??
Hmmm.......firstly the faculty shouldn't find out(dont worry some asshole will eventually tell the faculty).Secondly I'm working on improving the quality of the transmission and finally i'm trying to make some sort of an arrangement for people using linux. Wonder why a linux client is the last thing on my list?? No I'm not anti linux.......No i'm not busy.........No i'm not lazy.........then wtf is wrong?? I have absolutely no f***** idea how to do it :( seniors/linux bonds please help me.....


P.S.1 Please dont't IM me on to change the channel during the match

P.S.2 Please dont IM me to Change the channel when M TV is running. It is the only thing that seperates us and geekland

P.S.3 Don't demand slots for Tv. All people are equally entitled to watch it. Don't expect special favours. I'm not being all goody goody and righteous and crap like dat. It's common sense. If u wanna take connections all day long and deprive other people the very same thing may happen to you. So from 2 moro onwards you will be disconnected every 45 mins and can rejoin only after 30 mins or whenever a free slot is there whichever comes first. This is temporary till some proper setup comes up so chill out people

Remember this service is voluntary and experimental. So i request you to be patient. Any constructive suggestions are welcome

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work with the tv keep it up. Sometimes show E-tv

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.......firstly the faculty shouldn't find out(dont worry some asshole will eventually tell the faculty)

Hey @$$ no wonder ShArK TV is lost in shadows n dust....n wht a way to ask people to keep something secret..POST IT ON NET...:D

PS: Yups...I know am almost 400 days late to read up ur blog...;):P