Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My introduction to IDE's and why I hate Google

One of the reasons I never liked programming had to do with "vim". I never liked the interface. It seemed too geeky and dull to me. But during my intern I have come to work with two new IDE's. Visual Studio and Eclipse. I liked Eclipse the most. I have kinda started to enjoy programming with Java on the eclipse IDE. It's fast and reasonably error free. Plus the IDE does a lot of conceptual checking for you along the way. Pretty neat stuff.

I can now imagine a barrage of pro-Vim comments. Vim is good in it's own way. It's pretty fast in dealing with long files and has a lotta functionality but it can never beat an IDE.

Miscellanious things

1. I hate the subway guys here in Bangalore. Apparently there is no cheese or mayonnaise in the sub-of-the-day in Bangalore. WTF!! plus they are pretty rude. I miss the Jubilee hills subway :(

2. I am planning on getting a CCNA certification. The exam is easy but it's expensive. I plan to dupe the college into paying for me :D

3. From my 2nd year to my 4th year, Google always used to have vaccancies for a job profile titled "Information Security Engineer". Just when I am in a position to apply for jobs, Google removed the position from India. I hate you Google :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wise decision on the part of google :))

John Doe said...

i second that wise man :)

ShArK said...

Both of you go and jump of a tall bridge!