Saturday, May 17, 2008

UG2K4 and football

I just looked at avi's status. It read "missin futball". I think we as a batch are crazy about football. Football was in my view one of the first good things to happen to our batch. At the peak of our playing time 70% of the college starting line-up came from our batch. It formed a part of the daily routine of a lot of people and was one of the high points of life in IIIT for some of my batch-mates. We won *EVERY*competitive match in 4 years except for 1 draw this year. I think I can safely say that no batch/house will ever match this. This is a list of the people who played for the batch. Sorry if I miss out on anybody. This is a random order. People with a * played for the college as well. I guess we are the "invinvcibles"

1.Avinash Shukla*(F) -Captain
2.Kochar*(F)
3.Rishabh*(GK)
4.Arjun*(RW)
5.Pavan Pandey*(LW)
6.Ankul Batra*(D)
7.Pratyush Bhatt(M)
8.S.Rahul*(everywhere!)
9.Turbo(M)
10.Supreet(D)
11.Joy(D)
12.Rathi(somewhere)
13.Singla(D)
14.Mohit Jain(D,GK)

It has been a pleasure playing with you people over the years. I hope we can play one more time some day and kick some more ass :)

PS: I too miss futball :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They just also want their finely made and panerai replica sale complicated watches with diamonds and even more art. Chinese consumers are huge fans of artistic and panerai replica sale wealth density, and are aggregators of things that they find value in. Having a watch that is complicated is great. Having a watch that is refined is fantastic. Having a watch that conveys wealth and rolex replica uk success is fortune. So why not look for complicated, refined, luxurious watches? That is how many of the Chinese tend to approach luxury timepieces, for better or patek philippe replica sale worse. Not all of these "combined appeal" cartier replica uk watches are successful, but at least you know why such timepieces exist and where their demand comes from.